Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Don't get stressed... 10 Months To Go!!

When Robert and I got engaged, I knew I would need help. Our budget doesn't allow for a wedding planner; therefore, I rely on my wedding planner to be The Knot --- and it has been a LIFESAVER for me!

About once a week, theknot.com sends out a newsletter with helpful tips in it. These tips include a variety of topics...
--- 10 Biggest Wedding Planning Mistakes (and How to Avoid Them)
--- 48 Wedding Songs You'll Love
--- 3 Hot (New!) Wedding Color Combos
--- 18 Wedding Beauty Bummers (and How to Fix Them)

Sometimes I just skim the article and don't really pay attention to it, and then other times I will bookmark the link and even print out the article and highlight important parts for me to remember! It has been amazing all the stuff that I did not even think would go into planning a wedding... 
--- You should not begin planning your wedding until you have an idea of how many guests you will be inviting. 
--- Colors play a MAJOR role in the wedding process.
--- Everything involved in the wedding process costs money and it all begins to add up very quickly!

Along with getting a newsletter once a week, I also receive reminders of how many months it is before the big day. As you know from the title, we have 10 months to go (as of tomorrow)!! It is so very exciting and so very scary to me too! 

Knowing that I have 10 months to plan everything should not be stressful to me. Plenty of brides plan their weddings in a lot less time, and everything turns out beautifully. I guess I get so nervous because at the end of the month I will be starting my Senior year at the University of Montevallo and also my last semester in the university classroom. In the spring, I will begin my internship! (Praise the Lord!!) On top of all that, I will still be working part-time at the Shelby County Reporter through December.

Each month I will include (in a separate post) what I am supposed to be doing this month and what all I have gotten done! Look for that tomorrow!! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment