Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Madness Begins...










Robert (left) coaching his first high school game and
Katie (right) cheering at her last first high school game.


So the madness has officially begun! Friday night was Dallas County's opening game against West Blocton High School. DCHS lost 42-18. The score sounds awful... but it was not as bad as it sounds. I will keep most of my feelings to myself... but when four players get hurt during one game and they are all the same type injuries... then the other team must be doing something illegal... but I'm not naming any names!

It was Robert's first game to coach and Katie's last first game to cheer at. It was definitely bittersweet! Robert did such a good job... at least that's what me and Anna thought! Ha! :)) And well Katie... she did an okay job I guess! :)) She just has to work on her throwing candy skills.

Tomorrow will be my first day back to school... and my last day of my undergraduate classes in the college classroom. I am very excited... but also nervous at the same time! Hopefully it will all go well!

I am just ready to have my own classroom and my own students... and a husband to come home to at night. The waiting part seems to be the hardest right now for the both of us. It's like we know that we will soon be able to come home to each other and not have 50 miles between us each night... which majorly SUCKS! (Sorry Mom!) I know that I should be thankful that it's only 50 miles and we get to see each other on the weekends... and sometimes during the week, but I am just so ready for all that to change! It will soon enough though...

Classes start bright and early in the morning... so I must get some sleep! Good night y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment