Monday, August 10, 2009

Meet Our Photographer!!

Photographer: Samantha Alday
Location: Leroy, Alabama
Website: http://www.samanthaaldayphotography.com

Robert and I met Samantha at Stephanie and Austin Bradford's wedding last June (2008). Robert was a groomsman in their wedding and thought she was very easy to work with. She had also brought her husband, Clark, along with her to help take pictures. They were both such sweet, nice and professional people at the wedding that I immediately fell in love with them.

Another thing I loved about them was that they were not right in everyone's face. When she posted their pictures online and we were looking through them, Robert and I both kept saying, "Wow! I don't remember seeing her take that picture." I can't stand to go to a wedding and the photographer walk around putting the camera in everyone's face and making you pose all night long. So rude!

When Robert and I got engaged in December, I immediately knew that I wanted Samantha to be our photographer for our wedding. Number one because we had "worked" with her before and I felt like she would do a great job and number two because photography is so important to me. After the wedding, the only thing you have beside your memories of the special day is the photos. We met with her in January and chose our photography package...

** OUR PACKAGE **
--- Up to 8 hours of photographic coverage
--- Online proofing
--- Print catalog
--- A complete set of first-edition, bordered 4x6 prints
--- 12x12 30 page Storybook album

She also has all sorts of add-ons for our package (Blog slideshow on DVD/iPod; Brag books - that are the perfect size for carrying around in your purse; Save the Dates, etc.) She also does engagement and bridal session photos.

Another element that she offers is The First Look. This just means that Robert and I will see each before the ceremony begins. Below is the excerpt from her website explaining it...

"It's great when my couples decide to see each other before the wedding because we know we're gonna get some great light before it gets too dark (especially for those late in the day ceremonies), it relieves extra stress and anxiety from the b/g, they have their pictures made first rather than last, and it's tons of fun and usually pretty emotional for them both! When my clients choose The First Look, we always set them up for an intimate and private meeting without an audience (except for Dad sometimes). ; )"

I am so excited about the pictures! They are going to be amazing! :)) Which reminds me that I have to make a payment sometime next month... I need to look that up!

Oh and the people in the top picture in this post are Stephanie and Austin. Photos courtesy of www.samanthaaldayphotography.com of course!


No comments:

Post a Comment